tirsdag 11. juni 2013

In preparation to move to Lucca


In our preparation moving to My Lucca my wife and I started in January with Italian lessons. At ICCC her in Houston (Italian Culture and Community Centre) we got ourselves a great teacher. Daniel Cooper who took his masters in Florence. He guides us in to the challenging language. When I have some time I also use Rosetta Stone on my computer, and those two in combination make me understand. In addition I feel it is a question of practicing and we will be able to at least have some minor conversation other than just manage ordering the food at the restaurants.
 
The ICCC is not only holding Italian lessons but all from wine tasting and cooking classes (for both adults and children), to showing Italian movies and in general presenting the large variety of Italian culture.
Festa Italiana
 
In one way it is our Italian hideaway in Houston every Tuesday as we have our classes with Daniel.
Cooking classes for children

In addition to our classes and study material we have a great dictionary. I am all for visualizations and that is what we got in this dictionary.


The grammar can at times be a challenge, but as we are two and my wife is an ex teacher from years back, and have a brain that remember more than what I can, we are an excellent combination. I pick up more words and she the grammar.

We better be prepared as the guys at Hotel Ilaria will challenge us as we arrive July 5th.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar