søndag 23. november 2014

Getting close to Christmas in Lucca


In one way I love the summer time in Lucca, but being there around Christmas time and enjoy the atmosphere in November and December is something special. If we are lucky we have our house ready so we can enjoy that atmosphere in December 2016.


The shops in Lucca prepared themselves when I visited this month. Some of the restaurants were on vacation after a very busy long weekend with Lucca Comic Games. I remember back in 2002 when it was just a few tables with magazines and board games at Piazza St. Michele. This year a numbers of 400.000 people visited Lucca from Thursday to Sunday that week. Just on Sunday alone sold 100.000 tickets to the different arrangements. It is the second largest Comic Games Event worldwide.


(Phote: Lucca in Diretta)

One day I will be there and enjoy that as well, but I enjoy the quite walk in the streets lighted up by the shops windows.



When I have these short visits I always have dinner at my favorite restaurants (if they are not closed). So chicken served at Paris Boheme at Pizza Citadelle and rabbit at Baralla. The week I visited Lucca quite a few Chines was to see as well, obvious to make a movie. What it was about? I have no clue, just hope that by coincident I will one day see it.





Ended up with go to the shop and get Cheese and Prosciutto to bring back to Moscow. It needs to be local Tuscan and in the shop I normally go they vacuum packs it for me as well.






Now when I am back in Moscow I just wonder who else will participate in the Lucca Summer Festival other than Mark Knopfler July 22nd.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar